Why Your Generation Can Thrive On Social Media
(Personal Brand Building for Baby Boomers and Gen X)
There is a massive opportunity staring us all in the face right now and it seems like millennials are the only ones taking advantage of it. It’s time for a change. Our article explains why Generation X and Baby Boomers need to develop their personal brand online today.
1) You have Decades of Industry Experience and Knowledge
- Residing in the workforce for decades has given you the knowledge and experience to attain an edge over your millennial counterparts. By leveraging your expertise to share social media, you can grow your personal brand to new levels. Posting videos and articles about topics that fall into your realm of expertise/knowledge will give you credibility to dominate your specific industry.
2) You are the one That Survived the Recession
- After the economic collapse in 2008, it is your generation that survived the recession and quickly recovered. Do not neglect the fact that you have endured severe suffering and prospered against all odds. Use social media and other mediums to explain the skills, tools, and mindset required to succeed in your specific industry. Millennials are eager to hear your story, and you can develop your personal brand along the way.
3) You’re the one that Made a Name for Yourself Before Social Media was a Thing
You need to start creating content. When you start creating content you shift from being known in the community to being recognized as an influencer in your industry. With a larger social media following and online presence, you will find opportunities such as:
- Guest lecturing as an influencer in your industry
- Speaking engagements
- Judging on panels
We hope you enjoyed this article on Personal Brand Building for Baby Boomers and Gen X. Thanks from the Influence Digest team!
Are you Looking to Grow Your Personal Brand?
The first step is to create your online identity. We have created a simple & effective template for you to craft your identity. Just click on the button below to download it.
[button_1 text=”Download%20PDF” text_size=”32″ text_color=”#000000″ text_bold=”Y” text_letter_spacing=”0″ subtext_panel=”N” text_shadow_panel=”Y” text_shadow_vertical=”1″ text_shadow_horizontal=”0″ text_shadow_color=”#ffff00″ text_shadow_blur=”0″ styling_width=”40″ styling_height=”30″ styling_border_color=”#000000″ styling_border_size=”1″ styling_border_radius=”6″ styling_border_opacity=”100″ styling_shine=”Y” styling_gradient_start_color=”#ffff00″ styling_gradient_end_color=”#ffa035″ drop_shadow_panel=”Y” drop_shadow_vertical=”1″ drop_shadow_horizontal=”0″ drop_shadow_blur=”1″ drop_shadow_spread=”0″ drop_shadow_color=”#000000″ drop_shadow_opacity=”50″ inset_shadow_panel=”Y” inset_shadow_vertical=”0″ inset_shadow_horizontal=”0″ inset_shadow_blur=”0″ inset_shadow_spread=”1″ inset_shadow_color=”#ffff00″ inset_shadow_opacity=”50″ align=”center” href=”https://influencedigest.com/free-pdf-2/”/]