Top Ways To Attract More Customers For Your Roofing Business
Running your own roofing business is incredibly rewarding. You can be your own boss and set your schedule around your personal needs. More than that, you’re providing people with a valuable service that really makes a difference in their lives. However, the roofing business is often an extremely competitive industry with little room for error. More and more consumers are choosing to work with large companies that offer multiple services and products. If you want your roofing business to succeed in this changing environment, it’s important to be creative and think of new ways to bring customers, and there are a few steps you can take to do just that.
1. Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is at the forefront of marketing strategies today. If you want your website to appear at the top of search engine results, it’s important that you optimize it. Since this does require technical know-how, it might be a good idea to look for a roofing company SEO specialized business – in other words, a business that provides SEO services to roofing companies, in order to get the best results. However, getting acquainted with SEO basics can also be useful, so that you can know what elements you want the company to work on.
- Keywords and phrases – keywords are the terms that consumers use when searching for your business, and it’s important to choose keywords that are both broad enough to attract a large volume of search traffic, but also specific enough to focus the attention of potential customers. You want them to land on your website if they searched specifically for companies like yours. The algorithm changes relatively frequently, but as of now, more complex keyword phrases are preferred than simple keywords.
- Meta tags – these tags describe your website and what it’s about. They should be included in the code of all the pages of your website, but also on each individual post or page. The most important meta tag for a roofing business site is the description – it needs to include relevant keywords that accurately describe what you do, but not so many that it sounds spammy.
- Html tags – these tags describe the job that a piece of content does on your website. For example, a blog post will have different Html tags than a product description or a company about page. Using the correct Html tags can improve how you rank in search engine results.
- Backlinks – backlinks are links to your website that come from other websites. The more quality, relevant backlinks you have, the better.
- Interlinks – interlinks are links between pages of your website. For example, if a person is currently on a page of your website that’s dedicated to the services you offer, you could provide a link on that page that guides them to the pricing page or the contact page, theoretically making it faster for them to find what they’re looking for.
- Keyword density – this refers to how many times a certain keyword appears in text on your site. If it appears too often, it can have a negative effect on your ranking. If it appears too little, the benefits of having that keyword appear in text on your site are minimal.
- Titles – these are extremely important for search engine optimization. You want titles to be relevant to what’s being searched, but also use keywords that people are most likely searching for when they’re looking for a roofing business in your area.
While there’s more to SEO than just these elements, they’re some of the most important ones, and knowing about them can help you navigate the interview process with a company that specializes in SEO. Ensuring you’re working with the best option for your roofing business is advantageous to your website’s rankings and could make all the difference for an increase in traffic and customers.
2. Website Design
The way your website is designed has an important role in how easily it can be found when someone is searching for businesses like yours. The user interface and subsequently the user experience – UI/UX design – is efficient, smooth, and aesthetically pleasing will ensure that more people come to your website when they’re looking for a roofing company in your area. Here are some factors to consider in designing your site:
- The overall design of your website – layout, color scheme, images used, etc. All of these elements contribute to the overall design of your website. A good rule of thumb is that simple websites tend to rank higher than complicated ones in search engine results.
- Navigation – a clear and easy-to-navigate website will ensure that customers can find what they need with minimal effort.
- Loading speed of your website – no one wants to wait more than a few seconds for a page to load. Google has been placing more emphasis on loading speed as an SEO ranking factor, so it’s important to have your website run fast and smoothly.
- Responsiveness – your website should be accessible from any device, whether it’s a mobile phone or desktop computer. A website that can’t be accessed on mobile devices is at a big disadvantage in today’s market, so it’s important to have one that works well for all users across all platforms.
3. Content Marketing
Building a user-friendly website and making it search engine optimized are perhaps the two most demanding, but effective, ways to attract new customers. Once you have that down, you can focus on the other steps that will work towards the same goal. Out of those, one of the most useful is content marketing, which involves creating high-quality content for your business and distributing it so customers can find it. There are two main types of content you can create:
- Blog posts – these are one of the best ways to provide value to your customers without being too salesy. Creating valuable blog posts related to the roofing industry will show customers that you are an expert in your field, which can have a positive impact on their perception of you and your business.
- Videos – creating educational videos, product reviews, and company profile videos are just a few of the options you have when it comes to marketing your roofing business with video content.
4. Social Media Marketing
While social media marketing is one of the least demanding ways to get customers to your business, it’s also one of the most effective. Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are ever-changing in terms of what they allow for businesses, but if you know how to play by their rules, social media marketing can be incredibly useful when it comes to attracting new customers. Some tips for using social media marketing to your advantage:
- Create posts that give information and value to your audience – don’t just post about your roofing business, share relevant industry information and posts that will help people solve problems they may be having in their own homes.
- Build a community of loyal followers – the easiest way to do that is to offer special deals and discounts on products or services through social media, which will attract new customers who are committed to following your business on social media.
- Post consistently – if you want people to continue following you on social media, make sure there’s always something new for them to look forward to seeing in their feed.
5. Influencer Marketing
To successfully implement influencer marketing for your business, you must first find people who are popular in your industry and have a large following on social media platforms like Instagram. These are the people who will influence your customers, which can be incredibly helpful if they are influential for the right reasons. Some qualifications that make someone a good influencer to work with include:
- A large following – these people need to have at least 1k followers on Instagram to be effective influencers.
- Relevance – influencers shouldn’t just be popular, they should be relevant to the type of customers you want to attract.
- Consistency – influencers can have a big impact on your business if they post about it frequently and consistently.
6. Brand Awareness And Mission Statement
Yes, creating a brand identity for your roofing business is important because it will make potential customers more likely to choose you over your competition. But what makes this step so effective when it comes to attracting new customers? It’s simple: the process of branding will help you truly understand who you are as a company and what type of people you want to attract to your business. Creating a brand identity will also help you communicate this vision to your customers, which can be incredibly valuable when it comes to attracting new people to your business. Your mission statement should be what you want people to associate with your roofing business, whether that’s sustainable housing or roofing for homes with budgets under a certain sum.
7. Promotions And Special Offers
While a lot of people might consider promotions to be a bit too salesy, it’s important to look at the benefits that creating offers and promotions for your business can have when it comes to attracting new customers. Hosting flash sales or offering discounts for specific products or services will attract new people who are bargain hunting, which means they’re more likely to be looking for a service that costs less than average, which works perfectly if you’re trying to attract people who have a small budget. However, the price needs to be low enough that you’re still making a profit. If your prices are set too low, it can actually look unprofessional and could scare away customers who know they need to pay more for quality services.
8. Workshops And Seminars
If you truly want to attract people to your business who are looking for value, holding workshops and seminars could be the way to do it. These events allow you to share information with potential customers that will help them better understand their needs when it comes to roofing. This is great because it means they’re more likely to choose products and services that will make their lives easier. In addition, hosting these events can create a sense of community in your business and this is important because if you’re able to build a relationship with customers who have an interest in what you’re offering they’ll be more likely to recommend your business to others.
9. Referral Program
Another effective way to attract new customers is by offering a referral program for your business. This is a popular strategy in the roofing industry because it benefits both parties: not only does the person who refers you get money off their next project, but you will also gain a customer. And just like when you’re holding seminars and workshops, having customers who are willing to advocate for you is vital because this means they believe in the work that you do and want other people to experience it too. Word-of-mouth recommendations are some of the best ways to attract new customers because it creates a sense of trust between you and your clients.
10. Strategic Partnerships
These days, many companies like to team up with other businesses rather than go at it alone. If done properly, these partnerships can be incredibly beneficial when it comes to reaching new customers. Who you partner with will depend on the needs of your business and what kind of people you want to attract, but it can be important if they’re another local company, because it creates a network effect that could expand your reach rapidly. Another benefit of strategic partnerships is that other businesses are more likely to recommend you if they like working with you, which would be another indirect way to attract new customers. In addition to partnerships, networking can also be a great way to attract new customers to your roofing business.
11. Give Realistic Time Estimates
When having work done on their homes, people need to plan ahead and expect delays, so it’s important to make sure you’re giving accurate time estimates. This way, your clients know exactly what they’re getting and can plan accordingly if necessary. It may seem like a good idea to give them a time estimate you think they want to hear, but if it turns out that the work ends up taking longer, you’re going to end up upsetting your clients. If you want them to be loyal customers it’s important that you provide the best service from the get-go and this includes being realistic when it comes to time estimates.
These 11 methods for attracting more customers to your roofing business are some of the best, but it’s always good to think outside the box and do things that set you apart from your competition. If you’re looking for new ways to attract customers to your roofing business it’s important is stick with what works while also trying new strategies when they’re available. If consumers see your business as valuable and you’re able to consistently provide quality services they’ll be more likely to keep coming back for more which is ultimately what all businesses strive for.