5 Healthy and Easy Recipes to Gain Mass
Many people struggle with putting on weight, and it can be a challenge to find healthy recipes that help you do this. Let’s check the top 5 yummy recipes for gaining mass. These high-protein recipes are easy to follow and are packed with nutrients your body needs to grow muscle.
What Nutrients Do I Need to Gain Mass?
One important thing to consider when trying to gain weight is getting enough protein in your diet. This is essential for building muscle, and it’s recommended that you aim for around 1 gram of protein per pound of your total body weight per day. In addition, you should focus on getting plenty of healthy fats and complex carbohydrates as well. These nutrients are also important for gaining mass.
What Foods Are Great for Growing Muscles?
There are a variety of healthy foods that are perfect for gaining mass. Some great options include:
- lean proteins like chicken, fish, and eggs;
- starchy carbs like rice, potatoes, and whole grains;
- healthy fats like nuts, olives, and olive oil.
Additionally, foods rich in fiber can be beneficial for keeping you full between meals and supporting a healthy gut microbiome. With plenty of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats, they’ll give your body the nutrients it needs to grow stronger. Search for a meal delivery that offers high-protein meal preps so you can eat healthy food right away. In case you want to try new recipes, check our top-notch meals rich in protein and other vital nutrients.
5 High-Protein Recipes to Help You Gain Mass
1. Baked Caprese Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried basil or 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the kitchen oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Arrange juicy chicken breasts in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Top each breast with a few pieces of mozzarella cheese and several slices of tomato. Drizzle each breast with olive oil, followed by a sprinkle of basil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top of each chicken breast, slice, and serve warm.
Packed with protein and healthy fats, it is the perfect meal to help you build muscle and increase your overall weight. Whether you’re following a specific diet plan or just looking for a quick dinner option, this yummy recipe is sure to become a regular in your meal rotation.
2. Salmon Burger
- 1 lb. of salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. of flaxseed meal or almond flour
- 1 tbsp. of dried dill
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- ¼ tsp. of pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil for frying
- Use your large bowl and combine the salmon, eggs, flaxseed meal, or almond flour, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Form the mix into patties about 2 inches wide and ½ inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a big skillet over medium heat and cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side until the burgers are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the salmon burgers with your favorite toppings, such as sliced avocado, fresh greens, or salad dressings.
Salmon is a top source of protein and healthy fats. This is an ideal ingredient for recipes that help you gain muscle.
3. Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 lb. of lean ground turkey or grass-fed beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of almond flour or breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- ¼ tsp. of black pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil for cooking the meatballs
- Take your large bowl to combine the turkey or beef with egg, almond flour or breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Form into about 20 small meatballs about 1 inch in diameter each (you can use your ice cream scoop to make this cooking step easier).
- Heat the oil in a big skillet over medium heat and the meatballs in a single layer. You may need to cook the yummy meatballs in batches. Cook the meatballs for about 3-5 minutes per side until the goods are browned and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or over zucchini noodles for a low-carb option.
With its high protein content and an array of key vitamins and minerals, spaghetti and meatballs are a go-to recipe for those looking to gain mass quickly and easily. Whether you’re cooking it up for yourself or whipping up a big batch for meal prep, this satisfying dish will help you reach your fitness goals.
4. Shrimp Wraps
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
For the wraps:
- 4 to 6 large low-carb high-fiber tortillas or your favorite low-carb wrap.
- Use your bowl and combine the shrimp with the avocado oil, garlic powder, lime juice, and cilantro. Toss until the yummy shrimp are evenly coated in the marinade.
- Heat your big skillet over medium heat and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimps are solid pink and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To assemble the wrap, spoon some of the shrimp into the center of each tortilla. Top with your favorite toppings and roll up tightly. Enjoy the wraps immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Shrimps are a firm source of protein, which is extremely important for gaining muscle and bulk.
5. Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 lb of medium chicken breast, cooked and shredded or chopped
- 2 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of sour cream, plus more for serving if desired
- 8 large low-carb high-fiber tortillas/tortilla wraps or your favorite low-carb wrap/tortilla
- Use your large bowl and combine the shredded chicken, bell peppers, cheese, green onions, and sour cream.
- Warm the tortillas on a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place approximately 1/8 of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla and spread out evenly across it.
- Fold in half and press down lightly with a spatula to keep everything inside. While cooking until golden brown and crisp on each side, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with extra sour cream if desired.
Chicken Quesadillas are another ace high-protein recipe that is easy to make and can be a great way to add the extra protein your body needs. These delicious quesadillas are filled with lean shredded chicken, bell peppers, cheese, and green onions.
While gaining mass may seem like an intimidating task, it can actually be quite simple with recipes like these. They are packed with all the vital nutrients needed to support healthy muscle growth. Whether you’re trying to bulk up for an athletic competition or simply looking to build more lean muscle mass, these recipes will help you meet your goals.